Monday, 7 April 2014

A Japanese Didgeridoo Player Tetsuya

I first meet Tetsuya at Gokarna when we were enjoying the Bonfire under the Gorgeous Night Sky  covered with Stars, where he was also playing with fire. 

Next day early in the morning while I was enjoying the sound of outer ocean on a beach, a Strange sound attracted me, something familiar, still unrecognised. I started following the direction of the sound. Finally when I reached the source of the sound, I found Tetsuya who is from Japan playing a Native Australian Instrument Didgeridoo. 

It was a pleasure meeting Tetsuya again, I remember approaching him nervously to ask him permission to click few pictures. Tetsuya was excited to learn that I captured him playing the Didgeridoo, a improvisation piece that included some new sounds he’s been experimenting with.

He has learned from, and has been influenced by this beautiful gathered group of musicians he meet at Rishikesh, in the foothills of the Himalayas. Tatsuya’s style is both powerful and technical, his sense of rhythm spot on, an unique style that many strive for and none can recreate. He also shares, his Journey and how he make his instruments from a trunk of a eucalyptus tree.

I’ve always been amazed by how beautiful our world is and when she shows her magnificence I feel the need to capture it. At the time I didn’t know what I’d be using it for, but I was going far out of my way to capture it.
















No comments:

Post a Comment